Partial List of
Atalaya Capital Mgmt.
Avalon Net Worth
Barnes & Thornburg
Blue Wolf Capital
Brown Gibbons Lang
Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec
Community Behavioral Health Center
Delta G Bio Corp. Dev.
Dental Care Alliance
England & Co.
GPB Capital Holdings
Halyard Capital Mgmt.
Harbour Point Capital
Hellman & Friedman
Holland & Knight
Juna Equity Partners
Lead Capital Partners
Michael Kelly Assocs.
New York Bariatric
OMERS Private Equity
OPSEU Pension Trust
Post Capital Partners
RBC Capital Markets
River Cities Capital
Seven Hills Capital
Sprout Health Group
Unified Physician Management
WV Eye Consultants
Balancing the Attractions
Of Specialty Physician Practices
Against the Logjams
Of Variety & Complexity
Private Equity Investing
In Specialty Physician Practices
Thursday, August 2, 2018
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
New York City
McKinsey & Company
INSIGHTS FROM 20 EXPERT SPEAKERS!
Steven Aguiar, Provident Healthcare Partners LLC
Richard Blann, KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.
Parris A. Boyd, The Firmament Group
Sean Breen, Consonance Capital Partners LLC
Fritz Buerger, William Blair & Co. LLC
Andrew R. Colbert, B. C. Ziegler & Co.
Marcia Flaherty, LucidHealth
L.A. Galyon, Brentwood Capital Advisors LLC
Karan Garg, Houlihan Lokey
Michael Geldart, Excellere Partners
Patrick J. Haynes, Thurston Group LLC
Rajesh U. Kothari, Cascade Partners LLC
Jonathan B. Lewis, Sheridan Capital Partners
Michele E. McHale, Plante Moran
Neha Patel, McKinsey & Company
Vipul Patel, Aon M & A and Transaction Solutions
John L. Pouschine, Pouschine Cook Capital Management LLC
Jeffrey Schillinger, DermCare Management LLC
Andrew Welch, Revelstoke Capital Partners LLC
Richard J. Zall, Proskauer Rose LLP
Faculty | Schedule | Registration | Location | Sponsorship | Audio Package |
There’s lots to be said about the attractions of investing in specialty physician practices --
- Continuing high reimbursement rates
- Large numbers of physicians eager to strike out on their own
- Many opportunities for economies of scale
Still and all, healthcare investors know how logjammed the sector has become.
Look at all the different practice areas, ranging from oncology to gastroenterology, from dermatology to ophthalmology – and more.
Then look at the baffling legal complexities -- like antiquated laws that prohibit non-doctors from ownership of physician practices and of changing national laws like Medicare as well as state-specific regulatory regimes.
Join our chairman, Justin Unertl, co-head of the provider services healthcare vertical of Excellere Partners, a Denver-based PE firm
with $1.36 billion of capital. He is a leading expert in anesthesiology
and radiology practice management platforms.
Register today to join more than 20 experts in debating what kinds of deals will generate the best returns in such a complex environment at The Capital Roundtable’s annual conference on Private Equity Investing in Specialty Physician Practices on Thursday, August 2, 2018.
Here Are Three Key Reasons Why You Should Join Us
- Hear the ins and outs of the sector -- including the latest technologies and regulatory updates.
- Hear wisdom from experienced investors who’ve successfully structured transactions and passed muster with regulators.
- Hear how healthcare management services organizations can help simplify processes for investors and physicians.
Here are some of the questions that the conference will answer --
- What types of specialty physician practices offer the most attractive investment opportunities -- orthopedics, oncology, infertility, etc.
- A specialty physician practice is like a law firm in that it’s typically owned by several partners. That ownership structure makes decision-making time consuming. How should the investor manage that?
- What kind of generational makeup is optimal for such a practice -- how many physicians in their 50s and 60s versus ones that are younger?
- What are the key trends when it comes to reimbursement rates by Medicare and private insurers? And how will those affect the profitability of specialty physician practices?
- What changes among hospitals, insurers, and specialty physician practices are likely to affect the healthcare management services organizations landscape?
- What kind of practice, if any, is better positioned to mitigate the reimbursement risk?
- What if a large primary care provider is disappearing in a given market? How will that affect specialty physicians there?
- Should the investor conduct diligence themselves, or should they use an outside source given the specialized nature of the target business?
- After acquiring a specialty physician practice, what are some of the most important issues a healthcare management services organization should tackle? Billing and collections, government reimbursement oversight, coding, revenue cycle management, strategic planning, and marketing?
- To what extent should an investor pay attention to the state of evolution of the technology that the group employs, and what does that tell the investor?
- Many hospitals, which historically have served as buyers of specialty physician groups, are under stress these days due to high leverage levels. How will this affect the investor’s exit prospect and strategy? Who else are logical buyers of these physician practices?
Register Now to Join Chairman, Justin Unertl,
And More Than 20 Other Industry Experts
Mr. Unertl joined Excellere Partners in 2010 and co-heads the firm's provider services healthcare vertical. Excellere Partners is a Denver-based PE firm with $1.36 billion of capital across three funds. The firm supports its management teams with a proprietary value creation process.
Mr. Unertl is a board observer at a radiology physician practice platform, LucidHealth, and is a director at Biocare Medical and Medlogix.
He previously served on several Excellere platforms including AxelaCare, Personable Insurance, and PhyMed, an anesthesia practice management platform.
Mr. Unertl is a former operating executive at Arrowhead Health, a multi-specialty physician practice where he served as its chief financial officer and also carried business development responsibilities. He began his career in leveraged finance at Freeport Financial and at GE Capital.
He earned a finance degree from the University of Wisconsin.
Middle-Market PE Specialty Physician Practice Deals
- Frazier Healthcare Partners and Princeton Ventures acquired CORE Institute, an orthopedic practice.
- Waud Capital Partners invested in Minnesota Eye Consultants to form United Vision Partners.
- Candescent Partners acquired Southeastern Spine Institute.
- Harvest Partners teamed with Varsity Healthcare Partners to recap EyeCare Services Partners Holdings LLC.
- Shore Capital Partners acquired Georgia Eye Partners.
- In addition, a few private equity-backed dermatology practices have been busy doing add-on deals, including CI Capital Partners-owned Epiphany Dermatology, Harvest Partners-backed Cosmetic Surgery, GTCR-backed Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery, and ABRY Partners-owned U.S. Dermatology Partners.
This Capital Roundtable conference is the ideal place to expand your network and open up pathways to future deals. The day’s agenda includes ample time to let you --
- Meet fellow attendees and featured speakers
- Enhance your personal database with valuable new connections
- Share both ideas and business cards
- Meet potential investment partners and clients
Keep in mind this conference is certain to fill up quickly, so you’ll want to register as soon as possible to assure yourself a seat. To avoid disappointment, please contact Julie Berger today to confirm your attendance at 212-832-7300 ext. 0 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend
Designed to Meet the Needs of GPs, LPs, & Managers of Buyout, Growth Equity, Mezzanine, BDC, and Lending Funds, as Well as Independent Sponsors, Operating Partners, Portfolio Company Managers, and the Bankers, Lawyers, Accountants, & Other Advisors Who Support Them.
We look forward to having you join us on Thursday, August 2, 2018.
This conference is being produced by The Capital Roundtable, America’s leading conference organization focusing on “need-to-know” information for professionals in the middle-market private equity community. For more information about The Capital Roundtable’s 30 annual conferences and other events and programs, please visit www.capitalroundtable.com.
Speaking & Business Development Opportunities
We offer excellent speaking, marketing, and business development opportunities to reach the middle‑market private equity community. For more details, please contact Kellie Green or Claire Notton at 212-832-7300 or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a Question?
Please contact Julie Berger at email@example.com or 212-832-7300 ext. 0.
Who We Are
This Capital Roundtable conference in midtown, New York City, is all-business, all-targeted, all-designed to be a completely focused day of practical information and revealing insights. You’ll gain valuable insights from --
- Three informative panel discussions
- Two revealing keynote presentations
- Real-world perspectives from PE investors
- Industry outlooks from noted sector experts
- War stories and lessons learned from experienced hands
^ Back to Top ^
- Justin Unertl, Principal, Excellere Partners
- Burt Alimansky, Chairman & CEO, The Capital Roundtable
- Steven Aguiar, Managing Director, Provident Healthcare Partners LLC
- Richard Blann, Dir.--Mergers & Acquisitions, KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.
- Parris A. Boyd, Principal, The Firmament Group
- Sean Breen, Principal, Consonance Capital Partners LLC
- Fritz Buerger, Managing Director, William Blair & Co. LLC
- Andrew R. Colbert, Managing Director, B. C. Ziegler & Co.
- Marcia Flaherty, CEO, LucidHealth
- L.A. Galyon, Managing Director, Brentwood Capital Advisors LLC
- Karan Garg, Senior Vice President, Houlihan Lokey
- Michael Geldart, Partner, Excellere Partners
- Patrick J. Haynes, Chairman, Thurston Group LLC
- Rajesh U. Kothari, Managing Director, Cascade Partners LLC
- Jonathan B. Lewis, Partner, Sheridan Capital Partners
- Michele E. McHale, Partner, Plante Moran
- Neha Patel, Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Vipul Patel, Senior Vice President, Aon M & A and Transaction Solutions
- John L. Pouschine, Managing Member, Pouschine Cook Capital Management LLC
- Jeffrey Schillinger, Chief Executive Officer, DermCare Management LLC
- Andrew Welch, Managing Director, Revelstoke Capital Partners LLC
- Richard J. Zall, Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP
^ Back to Top ^
Networking & Registration & Breakfast
Welcoming Remarks & Audience Self-Introductions
Conference Chairman’s Introduction --
Justin Unertl, Excellere Partners
First Panel --
PIcking Winning Investments -- And Avoiding the Rest
Networking & Coffee
Morning Conversation --
How to Dodge Due Diligence Blind Spots
And Nail the Operational Checkpoints
Neha Patel, McKinsey & Company
||Networking & Luncheon
Second Panel --
The Legal & Regulatory Maze --
Medicare, State Laws & Malpractice Insurance
Networking & Dessert
Afternoon Conversation --
Add-on Acquisitions --
Perfecting Successful Buy-and-Build Strategies
Third Panel --
Recruiting, Rewarding & Retaining Talent --
How to Attract & Inspire Physicians
Networking & Adjournment
^ Back to Top ^
Space at this conference is limited, so register as soon as possible to assure yourself a seat. To avoid disappointment, please contact Julie Berger today to confirm your attendance at 212-832-7300 ext. 0 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that The Capital Roundtable
limits the number of registrants from a single firm to three.
- Best Rate -- Early Registration -- Save $400 off the standard fee of $1495 when you register by
Friday, June 8. Just $1095.
- Incentive Registration -- save $200 off the standard fee!
Register by Friday, June 29, and the fee for the conference is $1295.
- Conference Rate -- $1,495 increasing to $1,595 day of conference, space permitting.
You can pay by credit card (using the links above) or by check. Mail your check and business card to: New York Business Roundtable Inc., 747 Third Avenue, Suite 200, New York, NY 10017.
Have a special question? Please contact Julie Berger at email@example.com or 212-832-7300 ext. 0.
From time to time, for reasons beyond Capital Roundtable's control, program schedules and speakers become subject to change. We make every effort to announce substantive changes by email to registrants at least 48 hours in advance.
^ Back to Top ^
The University Club
^ Back to Top ^
Can't attend but want to hear the program? You can buy the audio package along with the handouts. Purchase the audio package online now.
^ Back to Top ^
We offer excellent marketing and business development opportunities to reach the middle‑market private equity community. For more details, please contact Claire Notton at 212-832-7300 ext.117, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
^ Back to Top ^