Thurs., Feb. 24, 2005
Howard H. Jiang,
Baker & McKenzie LLP
Advisor, China Strategic Equity Fund
8:30am - 9:30am
NYC Bar Association
The Great Hall
42 West 44th Street
door if space available)
To pay by
check, send your business card with this printout to:
Business Roundtable Inc.
44th Street, Suite 400
New York, NY 10017
When middle-market fund managers and investment
bankers gather these days, the Big Topic is the burgeoning cross-border
M&A scene in China, what the opportunities and risks are, and how
successful deals are getting done.
With one of the fastest growing economies and many companies fast maturing
into major players on the world stage, China can’t be ignored. Given
the inefficiency of its capital markets, many Chinese companies are looking
for foreign capital to fuel growth and make acquisitions inside the country
But is China’s market mature enough for U.S. private equity investment?
Is there a stampede among investors to get in on this “next big
thing?” What are the benefits, and risks, to private equity funds?
In his Capital Roundtable presentation, Howard Jiang will address the
- what is the landscape for middle-market investment in China, and
how is it evolving?
- who are major role models for you to study?
- which industries & regions offer you the most opportunities &
- how can you successfully initiate, structure, & close deals?
- what pitfalls have pioneer investors encountered, & how can you
- have other overseas firms already cherry-picked the best deals?
- how can you find good deals, capable advisors, & manage from thousands
of miles away?
- what are the steps for getting your firm started doing buyouts or
buyins in China?
Howard Jiang is a corporate
partner in the New York City office of Baker & McKenzie, the world’s
largest international law firm, where he specializes in M&A, fund
investment, and securities work, with a special focus on China and Asia.
He is also affiliated with the China Strategic Equity Fund, a Beijing-based
$100-million private equity fund focusing on smaller middle-market acquisitions.
Mr. Jiang earned J.D. and M.I.A. degrees in international banking and
finance from Columbia University, as well as an M.A.’s in economics
from Geneva University and in corporate finance from Webster University
in Switzerland. He is fluent in Mandarin and French.
Thurs, March 17: Geoffrey S. Rehnert, Co-Chief
Executive Officer, Audax Group