Partial List of
ACA Compliance Group LLC
American Capital Ltd.
Auriga Capital Management LLC
Auriga Holdings LLC
Bank of Ireland
Black Diamond Capital Management LLC
Blue Sky MLS Inc.
BNP Paribas Private Capital Group
Brean Capital LLC
Capitala Investment Advisors LLC
CapitalSouth Partners Funds LLC
Capitol Acquisition Corp. II
Carlyle GMS Finance Inc.
CarVal Investors LLC
Caspian Private Equity LLC
Consumer Growth Partners LLC
Cortland Capital Market Services LLC
Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC
D. Aaron Asset Management LLC
Equus Total Return Inc.
Ernst & Young LLP
Fidus Investment Corp.
Full Circle Capital Corp.
Gapstow Capital Partners
Gerson Lehrman Group Inc.
Gladstone Investment Corp.
Grant Thornton LLP
Harris & Harris Group Inc.
Harvest Capital Credit Corp.
Haynes & Boone LLP
Keefe Bruyette & Woods Inc.
King & Spalding LLP
Kiski Alpha Partners LLC
KSL Capital Partners LLC
Lincoln International LLC
McLarty Capital Partners
Medley Capital LLC
Monroe Capital LLC
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
Murray Devine & Co. Inc.
MVC Capital Inc.
National Fund Advisors LLC
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
New Mountain Capital LLC
Old Hill Partners Inc.
Partners Group AG
Pepper Hamilton LLP
Perella Weinberg Partners LP
Robert W. Baird & Co. Inc.
Rothstein Kass & Co. PC
Saratoga Investment Corp.
Small Business Investor Alliance
State Street Corp.
State Street Global Svcs Alt. Investment Solutions
Stellus Capital Management LLC
Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
Technology Media Advisors LLC
THL Credit Inc.
VRC | Valuation Research Corporation
Wafra Capital Partners Inc.
Wells Fargo Securities LLC
Wood Creek Capital Management LLC
Wunderlich Securities Inc.
Despite Adversities, PE Investors
Are Finding Bright Opportunities
In Transportation & Logistics Sectors
Private Equity Investing
In Transportation & Logistics Companies
Simon A. Bachleda
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Revelstoke Capital Partners
November 17, 2016
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
New York City
G2 Capital Advisors
INSIGHTS FROM 20 EXPERT SPEAKERS!
John Q. Anderson, Greenbriar Equity Group LLC
Adriene B. Bailey, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
Farrukh A. Bezar, Clarendon Group LLC
L. Price Blackford, Scott-Macon Ltd.
Steven G. Carrel, TRP Capital Partners
Kirk Fleischer, Investcorp International Inc.
Benjamin H. Gordon, BG Strategic Advisors LLC
Mitchell I. Gordon, Edition Capital Partners
Chip Grayson, Raymond James Financial Inc.
Kristopher Hopkins, Houlihan Lokey
Ira C.Kaplan, Benesch
Kevin P. Kenealey, Mason Wells Inc.
Harshad S. Khurjekar, RSM US LLP
Marc A. Kramer, AVC Partners
John G. Larkin, Stifel Financial Corp.
Ronald Lentz, G2 Capital Advisors LLC
Mark R. Niznik, Linx Partners LLC
Richard G. Piontek, Redwood Logistics LLC
Hugh K. Rabb, BB&T Capital Markets
Paul C. Svindland, Farren International Holdings Inc.
Hessel Verhage, STG Holdings
Seth Eliot Wilson, Headhaul Capital Partners LLC
Mark Yeager, CI Capital Partners LLC
Faculty | Schedule | Registration | Location | Sponsorship | Audio Package |
On some days, managers of companies in the transportation and logistics sectors feel caught between the proverbial devil and the deep blue sea.
On the one hand, they’re stressed by a sluggish industrial environment (low rates, commodity prices), and on the other hand, they’re faced with tough competition.
But despite these adversities, private investors in these companies are seeing many hopeful rays of sunshine --
- Well-managed companies are successfully finding ways to grow margins, generate exits, and prepare for the next cyclical shift.
- New technologies are opening avenues for reducing operating costs.
- Investors are supporting a wave of consolidation, aimed at adding scale and efficiencies.
- And asset-light business models in transportation are removing much of the volatility and risk associated with owning fleets.
What’s more, middle-market PE firms planning exits for their portfolio companies are finding a supportive climate -- although nailing down debt and closing deals is still pretty challenging.
All in all, you’ll gain valuable insight as our panelists assess the outlook for transportation and logistics sectors when you attend The Capital Roundtable’s all-day conference on “Private Equity Investing in Transportation & Logistics Companies” on Thursday, November 17, in New York City.
Click here to hear our 20+ speakers address such key points as --
- What are the potential advantages and drawbacks of asset-light models for private equity investors?
- What are the most compelling consolidation opportunities across logistics, shipping, rail, and transportation?
- After numerous quarters of declining or historically low commodity prices and shipment volumes, what’s the case for a turnaround, and when might it happen?
- How can PE investors structure deals to optimize the ability to obtain debt financing?
- What is the outlook for consumer goods demand, and are there indications of a pullback?
- How do declines in transportation and logistics stocks impact the exit environment, and what can we learn from past cycles?
- What are the metrics a portfolio company should aim to deliver at exit?
- What government regulations may affect the transportation & logistics industries in 2017?
- What innovations and technologies are disrupting the industry?
Here Are Three Key Reasons Why You Should Join Us
- Learn how logistics providers are capitalizing on large enterprises’ increasing preference to outsource shipping and warehousing.
- Compare revenue growth across transportation sub-sectors and learn what strategies have been effective in outperforming averages.
- Hear about opportunities for consolidation in freight and logistics, and how to spot under-the-radar gems in regional markets.
Register Now to Join Simon Bachleda
And More Than 20 Industry Experts
Simon A.Bachleda is a co-founder of Denver-based Revelstoke Capital Partners. He has 16 years of experience as a private equity and investment banking investment professional. Prior to forming Revelstoke, Simon was a managing director of Eos Partners in New York City. Prior to Eos, he was a private equity investment professional with Denver-based KRG Capital Partners.
Simon began his career as an investment banker in the mergers & acquisitions group of Credit Suisse First Boston in New York City. He serves on the boards of directors of Schryver Medical, Upstream Holdings, Transport Holdings, Crossroads Holding, Encore Holdings, Career Step, Fast Pace Holdings and Addus Healthcare (Nasdaq: ADUS).
He’s on the advisory board of the Burridge Center for Finance at the University of Colorado at Boulder. He earned a BS in business administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Register Now to Bolster Your Awareness of Opportunities
At a Key Moment for the Space
Three More Reasons Why You Should Join Us
- Examine techniques for performing diligence and valuing assets of acquisition targets.
- Discuss how trade policy could impact transportation and logistics performance in coming years.
- Find out about approaches for capex budgeting with an eye to limiting expenses while maintaining best-of-class infrastructure.
Tranportation & Logistics Deals
- Chicago-based Wind Point Partners’ partnership with logistics executives Chris Jamroz and Hessel Verhage to acquire St. George Logistics, North America’s largest provider of outsourced ocean container freight station services.
- New York private equity firm Greenbriar Equity Group’s investment in SEKO Logistics, a Chicago-based provider of supply chain solutions specializing in forwarding, transportation, logistics, software and warehousing.
- Denver-based Revelstoke Capital Partners’ portfolio company, Transport Investments, acquisition of Jones Motor Group, an asset light, $120 million revenue agent based trucking and brokerage operation.
- The purchase of Quantum Fuel Systems, a Lake Forest, Calif., leader in fuel systems for the heavy-duty industry, by Douglas Acquisitions, a Northern California PE firm with $1 billion under management.
- CI Capital Partners, a New York-based private equity firm, has formed a partnership with Mark Yeager, the former President and Chief Operating Officer of Hub Group, to pursue a consolidation strategy through a platform company investment in the transportation and logistics sector.
- Ocean cargo transportation firm Matson’s nearly $200 million purchase of Auburn, Washington-based Span Alaska Transportation, a company that consolidates freight for shipping.
- EQT Infrastructure Fund acquisition of Direct ChassisLink, Inc., a provider of chassis leasing and chassis / container management services.
- The acquisition of Global Transportation Services, a provider of forwarding and logistics services, by American Fast Freight, a U.S. ocean freight forwarder specializing in less-than-container-load freight shipments that is backed by private equity investor The Jordan Company.
Register Now to Form Valuable Contacts
With Colleagues & Professionals
This Capital Roundtable conference is the ideal place to expand your network and open up pathways to future deals. The day’s agenda includes ample time to let you --
- Meet fellow attendees and featured speakers
- Enhance your personal database with valuable new connections
- Share both ideas and business cards
- Meet potential investment partners and clients
Keep in mind this conference is certain to fill up quickly, so you’ll want to register as soon as possible to assure yourself a seat. To avoid disappointment, please contact Sarah Burd today to confirm your attendance at 212-832-7300 ext. 0 or email@example.com.
Who Should Attend
Designed to Meet the Needs of GPs, LPs, & Managers of Buyout, Growth Equity, Mezzanine, BDC, and Lending Funds, as Well as Independent Sponsors, Operating Partners, Portfolio Company Managers, and the Bankers, Lawyers, Accountants,
& Other Advisors Who Support Them.
We look forward to having you join us on Thursday, November 17.
This conference is being produced by The Capital Roundtable, America’s leading conference organization focusing on “need-to-know” information for professionals in the middle-market private equity community. For more information about The Capital Roundtable’s 30 annual conferences and other events and programs, please visit www.capitalroundtable.com.
Speaking & Business Development Opportunities
We offer excellent speaking, marketing, and business development opportunities to reach the middle‑market private equity community. For more details, please contact Kellie Green or Claire Notton at 212-832-7300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Have a Question?
Please contact Sarah Burd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-832-7300 ext. 0.
Who We Are
This Capital Roundtable conference in midtown, New York City, is all-business, all-targeted, all-designed to be a completely focused day of practical information and revealing insights about transportation and logistics companies. You’ll gain valuable insights from --
- Three informative panel discussions
- Two revealing keynote presentations
- Real-world perspectives from transportation and logistics experts
- Industry outlooks from noted sector experts
- War stories and lessons learned from experienced hands
^ Back to Top ^
- Simon Bachleda, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Revelstoke Capital Partners
- Burt Alimansky, Chairman & CEO, The Capital Roundtable
- John Q. Anderson, Advisory Director, Greenbriar Equity Group LLC
- Adriene B. Bailey, Chief Strategy Officer, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
- Farrukh A. Bezar, Partner, Clarendon Group LLC
- L. Price Blackford, Managing Dir. & Group Head--Trans. & Logistics, Scott-Macon Ltd.
- Steven G. Carrel, Managing Director, TRP Capital Partners
- Kirk Fleischer, Principal--Corporate Investment, Investcorp International Inc.
- Benjamin H. Gordon, Managing Partner, BG Strategic Advisors LLC
- Mitchell I. Gordon, Chief Executive Officer, Edition Capital Partners
- Chip Grayson, Managing Dir. & Co-Head--Transport & Infrastructure, Raymond James Financial Inc.
- Kristopher Hopkins, Senior Vice President, Houlihan Lokey
- Ira C. Kaplan, Partner & Executive Chairman, Benesch
- Kevin P. Kenealey, Senior Managing Director, Mason Wells Inc.
- Harshad S. Khurjekar, Dir.--Transaction Advisory Services, RSM US LLP
- Marc A. Kramer, Founder, AVC Partners LLC
- John G. Larkin, Managing Dir. & Head--Transportation & Logistics Research, Stifel Financial Corp.
- Ronald Lentz, Managing Dir.--Transportation & Logistics, G2 Capital Advisors LLC
- Mark R. Niznik, Managing Director, Linx Partners LLC
- Richard G. Piontek, Chief Commercial Officer, Redwood Logistics LLC
- Hugh K. Rabb, Managing Dir. & Co-Head--Logistics & Trans. Group, BB&T Capital Markets
- Paul C. Svindland, Chairman & CEO, Farren International Holdings Inc.
- Hessel Verhage, President & COO, STG Holdings.
- Seth Eliot Wilson, Managing Partner, Headhaul Capital Partners LLC
- Mark Yeager, Senior Advisor, CI Capital Partners LLC
^ Back to Top ^
Networking & Registration &
Welcoming Remarks & Audience
- Simon A. Bachleda, Revelstoke Capital Partners LLC
First Panel --
“Spotting Gems in Spite of Adversities --
Where Can You Find Potential High Performers?””
Morning Conversation --
“Unique Considerations for T&L Due Diligence --
What You Need to Learn to Avoid Blunders”
Second Panel --
“Dodging Culture Clash --
Nurturing Synergies & Minimizing Contention”
Networking & Dessert
Afternoon Conversation --
“Corporate Buyers Are Changing Their Strategies --
How Do You Match Your Exit Game?”
Third Panel --
“The Next Innovation Battle Grounds --
Driverless Trucking, Uberization, & Digital Disruptors”
||Networking & Adjournment
^ Back to Top ^
Space at this conference is limited, so register as soon as possible to assure yourself a seat. To avoid disappointment, please contact Sarah Burd today to confirm your attendance at 212-832-7300 ext. 0 or email@example.com.
Please note that The Capital Roundtable
limits the number of registrants from a single firm to three.
- Best Rate -- Early Registration -- Save $400 off the standard fee of $1495 when you register by Friday, September 23. Just $1095.
- Incentive Registration -- save $200 off the standard fee!
Register by Friday, October 14, and the fee for the conference is $1295.
- Conference Rate -- $1,495 increasing to $1,595 day of conference, space permitting.
You can pay by credit card (using the links above) or by check. Mail your check and business card to: New York Business Roundtable Inc., 747 Third Avenue, Suite 200, New York, NY 10017.
Have a special question? Please contact Sarah Burd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-832-7300 ext 0.
From time to time, for reasons beyond Capital Roundtable's control, program schedules and speakers become subject to change. We make every effort to announce substantive changes by email to registrants at least 48 hours in advance.
^ Back to Top ^
Details provided upon registration
^ Back to Top ^
Can't attend but want to hear the program? You can buy the audio package along with the handouts. Purchase the audio package online now.
^ Back to Top ^
We offer excellent marketing and business development opportunities to reach the middle‑market private equity community. For more details, please contact Claire Notton at 212-832-7300 ext.117, or by email at email@example.com.
^ Back to Top ^