Partial List of
3P Equity Partners
Akoya Capital Partners
Albany Capital Resources
Alston Capital Partners
American Industrial Partners
Amicus Capital Partners
Artemis Holdings Group
Avante Mezzanine Partners
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause
Balance Point Capital Partners
Bridgeview Equity Partners
Campbell Lutyens & Co.
Catalyst Insight Partners
Centerfield Capital Partners
Charter Oak Equity
CI Capital Partners
Cimarron Infrastructure Group
ClearPoint Investment Partners
CM-CIC Capital Finance
Colbeck Capital Management
Consumer Growth Partners
Coral Reef Capital
Cornerstone Capital Partners
Creative Health Capital
DFW Capital Partners
Drinker Biddle & Reath
Emerald Capital Group
Fifth Third Capital
Finn Dixon & Herling
Forest Hills Capital Management
G2 Capital Advisors
Greylock Capital Partners
Harbor Cap Partners
High Road Capital Partners
Huron Capital Partners
Janes Capital Partners
Juncture Venture Advisors
Kirby Capital Advisors
L2 Capital Partners
Lakewood & Co.
Marquette Business Credit
Marquette Capital Partners
MERK Capital Corp.
Morgan Stanley & Co.
Morningside Private Investors
MTN Capital Partners
Murray Devine & Co.
New York Private Finance
OFS Capital Corp.
Parkway Capital Investors
Patzik Frank & Samotny
Peninsula Capital Partners
RFE Investment Partners
Ridgemont Equity Partners
The Family Office
TriPointe Capital Partners
Trusted Health Plan
VeriQuest Capital Management
Vinik Family Office
Mapping Your Course
As an Independent Sponsor
Best Practices for Deal Making
Between Independent Sponsors & Capital Partners
FULL-DAY SUPER CONFERENCE
New York City
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
UNIQUE “CAPITAL CIRCLE” EXHIBIT HALL
FACE-TO-FACE NETWORKING LUNCHEON
WITH CAPITAL PARTNERS
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
1:30pm – 5:00pm
Learn More Here
INCLUDING HALF-DAY WORKSHOP
EXCLUSIVELY FOR EMERGING INDEPENDENT SPONSORS
Monday, June 20, 2016
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
WINE & CHEESE RECEPTION
Open to all Registered Conference Attendees
Monday, June 20, 2016
5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
INSIGHTS FROM 20 EXPERT SPEAKERS!
James G. Brown, Long Ridge Equity Partners LLC
Matthew R. Cohen, Prodos Capital Management LLC
Jim C. Cowart, Auriga Partners Inc.
Jeffrey S. Davis, Eaton Partners LLC
Mac Gerlach, Boulevard & Co.
James O. Jacoby, The Stephens Group LLC
Robert G.Levine, L2 Capital Partners
Bruce N. Lipian, StoneCreek Capital Inc.
Conor T. Mullett, Red Oak Growth Partners LLC
Donald D. Nelson, Harken Capital Securities LLC
Richard P. Prestegaard, High Road Capital Partners
Igor Rozenblit, U. S. Securities & Exchange Commission
Jack Sadden, Valesco Industries Inc.
Charlie Santos-Buch, AE Industrial Partners LLC
Benjamin G.Schneider, BASE Equity Partners LP
Gregg Solomon, Touchstone Group LLC
Mark D.Ullman, Charter Oak Equity LP
Robert P. Zinn, K&L Gates LLP
Faculty | Schedule | Registration | Location | Sponsorship | Audio Package |
The next edition of The Capital Roundtable’s famous Independent Sponsor conference is coming up!
- The first time we produced this conference -- in September 2007 -- it was the first conference of its kind.
- The fourth time we produced this conference -- in April 2009 -- we invented the name “Independent Sponsor” to replace the antiquated phrases “fundless” or “unfunded.”
- The last time we produced this conference -- in February 2015 -- it was the largest gathering of Independent Sponsors and their Capital Partners ever -- over 130 people attended.
And now, this time, on June 21, at an elegant private club on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan -- we’re hosting the biggest and best-ever Independent Sponsors conference.
We’re excited to inaugurate several brand-new features --
A unique “Capital Circle” where Capital Partners are stationed at tables in our exhibit hall, to meet face-to-face with Independent Sponsors,
to exchange deal information, and to network. (ACG members will recognize that the Circle is modeled after ACG’s successful Capital Connections.)
A whole new set of discussion topics -- If you’re an Independent Sponsor -- either new or a veteran -- come to our state-of-the-art conference to meet active Capital Partners and learn their criteria.
Introductions to the most experienced sponsors in the country -- If you’re a Capital Partner seeking deals, come meet active Independent Sponsors and explain what kinds of deals appeal most to you.
That’s not all! Here are three more exciting features of this conference --
- On the evening before the conference, our Sponsors are hosting a wine and cheese reception. To facilitate networking, you’ll receive attendance rosters and color-coded badges when you register.
- On the morning of the conference, to kick things off, we’re passing a microphone around the room -- person-to-person -- giving everyone the opportunity to introduce yourself, what you do, and why you’re attending the conference.
- Highlighting our agenda are three consecutive content-driven panels, covering topics especially designed by our conference chairman -- Martin Stein, one of the country’s most experienced and most-admired Independent Sponsors.
Want to learn more about the three panels?
- Evolution of the Independent Sponsor Model -- We introduce three accomplished Independent Sponsors, each working at a different stage of the model. Other Independent Sponsors in the audience can learn about the challenges our speakers report facing at each point along the path from novice to experienced journeyman to seasoned expert. Capital Partners can learn the different needs of Independent Sponsors at each stage.
- What’s the Future of the Independent Sponsor Model? -- The sustainability of the model is being threatened by a host of factors, including (1) more available capital, (2) a more efficient marketplace, (3) more stringent SEC regulations, and (4) more family offices. Will the model survive the next decade? Can Independent Sponsors withstand the competitive pressures? Should thoughtful Independent Sponsors migrate to another model?
- Raise a Fund or Not to Raise a Fund? -- The Debate Between Funded Vs. Versus Fundless Models!
Listen to four brilliant investors debate the perennial question of whether a fund makes the sponsor -- or a sponsor makes the fund! The panel will have --
- one Independent Sponsor who derides the funded model,
- one Independent Sponsor who is raising a fund,
- one PE general partner who loves working with Independent Sponsors,
- and one PE general partner who isn’t fond of working with Independents.
Are You a New Independent Sponsor?
Here’s Another Reason Why You Must Register Now
Workshop for Emerging Independent Sponsors
Join us on the afternoon of Monday, June 20th, at our Workshop for Emerging Independent Sponsors. This workshop features a series of presentations by individual veteran Independent Sponsors who answer your questions and share their advice. Best of all, you’ll be able to speak candidly about your experiences with Capital Partners. This session is exclusively for Independent Sponsors -- Capital Partners and service providers should not RSVP.
Register Now to Network with Martin Stein
& Dozens of Other Experts
Chairing this conference is Martin Stein, managing director of Blackford Capital, an independent PE investment firm that acquires and builds middle-market manufacturing, distribution, and service companies.
With more than 15 years of PE experience, Martin leads the firm’s acquisition sourcing activities and serves as chairman of four of the firm’s portfolio companies. Blackford Capital won “deal of the year” for the last three years in the state of Michigan and, in 2015, it won deal of the year in the entire U.S. In 2013, Martin was awarded Western Michigan’s “dealmaker of the year,” the youngest person ever to receive it.
Before founding Blackford Capital, Martin was a consultant at Mercer Management where he helped develop growth strategies for Fortune 500 clients such as Sears, Dow, Searle Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, and PacifiCare Health Systems.
Martin earned a bachelor’s degree with honors from the University of Chicago and an MBA from Harvard Business School with a focus on operations. He’s also a graduate of the Coro Fellows program, a prestigious leadership skills program.
Register Now to Succeed at the Challenges Coming Your Way
By attending our Conference, Capital Circle, and Workshop, you’ll learn answers to such important questions as --
- Is the Independent Sponsor model right for you? How do you get started?
- What do entrepreneurial fund managers need to know before they decide to position themselves as an Independent Sponsor?
- What do you look for in a Capital Partner and how do you find them? Who are the best sources of capital to partner with in a transaction?
- How can Independent Sponsors gain the confidence of potential Capital Partners and company owners?
- Why are family offices showing new willingness to do business with Independent Sponsors and what should you expect when working with them?
- Why are LPs looking at direct investment with Independent Sponsors?
- What has to be absolutely certain before you get a deal under a letter of intent?
- How can Independent Sponsors stay in control of their deals all the way to the closing table?
- What types of due diligence maintain the confidence of your capital source partners?
- What are best practices for creating value in your portfolio and in growing your firm? How do you efficiently and effectively manage multiple portfolio companies?
- How do you plan for and execute successful exits?
- How have Independent Sponsors been able to leverage their experience into their own committed funds?
- What are notable middle-market deals arranged through independent sponsors over the past year?
Three More Reasons Why You Should Join Us
- Recognize the importance of developing your own network of high net worth, control, and non-control investors.
- Understand how to work with your counterparts and colleagues in this highly demanding marketplace.
- Learn how to weather the storm when the next economic recession period inevitably arrives.
Register Now to Make Valuable Contacts through Networking Opportunities
This Capital Roundtable conference is an ideal place to expand your network and open up pathways to future deals. The day’s agenda includes ample time to let you --
- Meet fellow attendees and featured speakers
- Enhance your personal database with valuable connections
- Share both ideas and business cards
- Meet potential investment partners & clients
Keep in mind this conference is certain to fill up quickly, so you’ll want to register as soon as possible to assure yourself a seat. To avoid disappointment, please contact Sarah Burd today to confirm your attendance at 212-832-7300 ext. 0 or email@example.com.
Who Should Attend
Designed to meet the needs of independent PE deal sponsors -- young & old,
new & experienced, the middle-market Capital Partners, lenders, and investors who back them, and the lawyers, accountants, investment bankers, and consultants who advise them.
We look forward to having you join us on Tuesday, June 21.
This conference is being produced by The Capital Roundtable, America’s leading conference organization focusing on “need-to-know” information for professionals in the middle-market PE community. For more information about The Capital Roundtable’s 25 annual conferences and other events and programs, please visit www.capitalroundtable.com.
Speaking & Business Development Opportunities
We offer excellent speaking, marketing, and business development opportunities to reach the middle‑market private equity community. For more details, please contact Maria Magro or Claire Notton at 212-832-7300 ext.117, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a Question?
Please contact Sarah Burd at email@example.com or 212-832-7300 ext. 0.
Who We Are
This Capital Roundtable conference held in midtown New York City is all-business, all-targeted, all designed to be a completely focused day of practical information and revealing insights about best practices for Independent Sponsors and their Capital Partners.
^ Back to Top ^
- Martin Stein, Managing Director, Blackford Capital
- Burt Alimansky, Chairman & CEO, The Capital Roundtable
- James G. Brown, Managing Partner, Long Ridge Equity Partners LLC
- Matthew R. Cohen, Principal, Prodos Capital Management LLC
- Jim C. Cowart, Managing Partner, Auriga Partners Inc.
- Jeffrey S. Davis, Partner, Eaton Partners LLC
- Mac Gerlach, Managing Director, Boulevard & Co.
- James O. Jacoby, Managing Director, The Stephens Group LLC
- Robert G. Levine, Managing Partner, L2 Capital Partners
- Bruce N. Lipian, Managing Director, StoneCreek Capital Inc.
- Conor T. Mullett, Managing Director, Red Oak Growth Partners LLC
- Donald D. Nelson, Managing Director, Harken Capital Securities LLC
- Richard P. Prestegaard, Partner--Business Development, High Road Capital Partners
- Igor Rozenblit, Co-Head--Private Funds Unit, U. S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Jack Sadden, Managing Director, Valesco Industries Inc.
- Charlie Santos-Buch, Partner, AE Industrial Partners LLC
- Benjamin G.Schneider, Managing Partner, BASE Equity Partners LP
- Gregg Solomon, Managing Director, Touchstone Group LLC
- Mark D.Ullman, General Partne, Charter Oak Equity LP
- Robert P. Zinn, Practice Area Leader--Corporate & Transactional, K&L Gates LLP
^ Back to Top ^
Networking & Registration & Breakfast
Welcoming Remarks & Audience Self-Introductions
Conference Chairman’s Introduction
“What’s New in the World of Independent Sponsors”
- Martin W. Stein, Blackford Capital LLC
“Career Trajectory of the Independent Sponsor --
Insights from a Newcomer, an Experienced Journeyman, & Two Seasoned Veterans”
Networking & Coffee
Second Panel --
“Evolution of the Independent Sponsor Business Model --
Can It Survive the Pressures?”
“Is the Grass Greener?
A Debate Over Whether to Have a Fund vs. Not Have a Fund”
Networking Lunch & CAPITAL CIRCLE
Where Capital Partners are stationed at tables in our large exhibit hall, all to meet informally face-to-face with Independent Sponsors, to exchange deal information, and to network. The scene is modeled after ACG’s successful Capital Connections.
Best Practices for Raising a Fund -- When is the Right Time?
Networking & Adjournment
^ Back to Top ^
Space at this conference is limited, so register as soon as possible to assure yourself a seat. To avoid disappointment, please contact Sarah Burd today to confirm your attendance at 212-832-7300 ext. 0 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that The Capital Roundtable
limits the number of registrants from a single firm to three.
- Best Rate -- Early Registration -- Save $400 off the standard fee of $1495 when you register by Friday, April 26. Just $1095.
- Incentive Registration -- save $200 off the standard fee!
Register by Friday, May 17, and the fee for the conference is $1295.
- Conference Rate -- $1,495 increasing to $1,595 day of conference, space permitting.
You can pay by credit card (using the links above) or by check. Mail your check and business card to: The Capital Roundtable, 747 Third Avenue, Suite 200, New York, NY 10017.
Have a special question? Please contact Sarah Burd at email@example.com or 212-832-7300 ext 0.
From time to time, for reasons beyond Capital Roundtable's control, program schedules and speakers become subject to change. We make every effort to announce substantive changes by email to registrants at least 48 hours in advance.
^ Back to Top ^
^ Back to Top ^
Can't attend but want to hear the program? You can buy the audio package along with the handouts. Purchase the audio package online now.
^ Back to Top ^
We offer excellent marketing and business development opportunities to reach the middle‑market private equity community. For more details, please contact Claire Notton at 212-832-7300 ext.117, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
^ Back to Top ^